Selling on Jumia is one of the most promising ways to make money online. You get to sell a wide variety of products and also meet many customers online who are looking for your products. How To Sell On Jumia and Make Profit
How To Sell On Jumia
Jumia is the undisputed largest online store in Kenya, Jumia gives merchants and business owners a place to list their goods for sale and earn money. If you are a business owner and have been pondering how to profit from selling your goods on Jumia, then you have come to the right place.
The retailer permits small business owners to use its online store to distribute their goods all throughout the nation. Instead of building your own e-commerce website, you can sell your goods on Jumia. You will discover how to sell on Jumia Kenya in this article.
You must register as a trader, provide product descriptions and photographs, enter your payment information, and accept the company’s terms and conditions in order to sell your goods on Jumia Kenya. Any product that meets with the company’s terms and conditions may be listed.
How To Register as a Seller on Jumia
The following is a step by step guide on how to become a seller on Jumia.
1. Signing up on the platform – You will need the following information to complete the Jumia seller registration Kenya.
- Your company Details – Your name, phone number, address, city, zip code, and email are all listed here. Additionally, you must provide your preferred store name, which will serve as the name of your shop on the Jumia website. You must also respond to the question of whether you can deliver all of your goods to Nairobi. You must also specify whether your business is run by a person or a legally recognized corporation. You will need to supply your business registration number if it is a registered firm.
- Your product information – You must choose your product category in this step. For instance, if you are selling children’s products, Kids & Baby will be your category. The next question is whether you are already selling the products on other websites. Accept the terms and conditions – After completing the form, you must read and accept the Jumia Kenya terms and conditions before registering as a vendor.
2. Enroll in an online course prior to selling goods on Jumia, new vendors must complete an online training course. First-time sellers must complete the course since it provides them with an introduction to Kenya’s e-commerce landscape. Additionally, it assists vendors in learning more about selling goods on Jumia.
Jumia will create your seller account after you complete the course and get your documents verified. This process can take anywhere from a few hours to a day to complete.
3. Start an online store Your seller account will be activated, and the Jumia seller center will send you an email to let you know. When your seller account is activated, you may begin adding all of your products to the website and beginning to sell them to customers online. Selling your goods on Jumia will give you direct access to more than 3 million clients, which is a benefit. As opposed to when you first launch an e-commerce website, when you must create a customer base from scratch.
Who Qualifies To Sell on Jumia?
To qualify to be a vendor with Jumia, you must meet the following conditions
- One must be a vendor operating within major towns i.e Nairobi
- Sell Genuine and new products only. Jumia does not accept fake and used products
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a customer rating of not less than 3 stars
- Agree to maintain price parity. You should not sell products at a lower price on another platform than the price listed on Jumia
- Grant Jumia access to your products, branding materials and trademark for promotion purposes
- Invest in or carry campaigns to promote your products
- Maintain a quality return rate of less than 2%
- Maintain a ready to ship policy within 24 hours
- Ensure products come with warranty where applicable
What Products Can You Sell on Jumia?
Jumia accepts sells of various products, These products are grouped into various categories. Below
is a list of products you can sell on Jumia.
- Electronics (television, projectors, cameras, sound systems, etc.)
- Phone & Tablets (mobile phones, tablets, and accessories)
Computing (laptops, printers, scanners, software, networking services, etc.)
- Health & Beauty (hair care, fragrances, makeups, etc.)
- Home & Office (cookware, appliances, furniture, bedding, etc.)
- Grocery (laundry, cooking, toiletries, beverages, etc.)
- Fashion (wearable, jewelry, watches, etc.)
- Baby Products (toys, apparel, diapering, etc.)
- Automobile (car & motorcycle accessories, safety equipment, etc.)
- Sporting Goods (sport & fitness, cycling, camping, etc.)
- Gaming (play station, video games, etc.)
- Other Categories ( livestock, musical, gardening, movies, etc.)
How To Increase Your Sales on Jumia
Follow these tips to increase your sales on Jumia:
- Be competitive – You will be dealing with a dozen other sellers selling the same product as yours. The only thing that will differentiate you from others is your price. Sell a product that has enough margins to give you a good return, and still maintain a competitive price.
- Promote your products online – Promote your products on all social media platforms. This will ensure more people can find your products on Jumia.
- Get reviews and feedback from customers – Let your customers review your products and accept feedback from them after purchasing.